Friday, February 28, 2014

Ghost In the Shell


There is something devastatingly sad but also wondrous and amazing being witness to the last breath of a living thing.

Between my sobs and wailings, as I held my beloved doggie in my arms and the vet administered her sedative and final medication, her light flickered and then went out.

That's the only way I can describe it.  She was there.  She gasped. She was gone.  Like the light of a candle.

I think I can understand how a religious person believes in the whole "spirit leaving the body" thing. When Salad took her last breath in my arms, the room changed.  No longer was I holding her, but rather her shell.  She wasn't there anymore.  It was so surreal. 

I held her body for a while longer, gave her a kiss and that was it.

Thanks for being my friend, Salad. 



Salad 2001 - 2014


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This phenomenon is so popular that buyers have even established a top-notch of preferences, when it comes to designers. replica fendi handbags Given the situation, here are two of the very most sought after reproduction designer in the world of purses. fake gucci handbgas Apparently, people are highly researching the specialized market for Louis Vuitton reproduction purses. fake dior handbags This designer has certainly established a name for himself, being regarded as an artist when it comes to designing purses and shoes. replica handbags With an eye for detail, Louis Vuitton has earned an extraordinary reputation and an extraordinary number of clients worldwide. In the case of this designer, monogram designs are the most sought after replicas, as they represent the embodiment of the Louis Vuitton fashion. chanel replica bags Purses have the LV monogram, which is reason, a genuine fashionista will will have this item to match her bag.